Space Apps Ottawa 2019
OUR WEEKEND SCHEDULE
- 7:00 pm: Kick-off and opening remarks from Space Apps Ottawa organizers
- 7:30 to 8:30: Canadian Space Agency Keynote
- 8:30 on : Pick challenges and form teams
- 9 am: Start hacking and solving!
- 4:00 to approximately 6:00 pm: Presentations & questions from judges; Weekend wrap-up.
- 11:59pm: Deadline to submit your presentation/30-second video
CSA Challenges 2019
- Challenge 1: STRATOS
- Challenge 2: Go Canada – Geomagnetic Data Integration
- Challenge 3: NEOSSat – Canada's Space Surveillance Telescope
- Challenge 4: Radi-N2 Interactive Map: Graphical Representation of Radiation Across Canada
- Challenge 5: SCISAT – Canada's Atmospheric Chemistry Experiment
- Challenge 6: RADARSAT-1 Open Data
- RADARSAT-1 Kids' Challenge
NASA Challenges 2019
- Earth's Oceans
- Our Moon
- Planets Near and Far
- To The Stars
- Living In Our World
- Invent Your Own Challenge
Enterprise Architect | Dot Connector | Digital Transformer
President and Principal Consultant at Aurora Consulting
Bilyana Anicic has been delivering solutions in line with clients' business needs for over 20 years. Bilyana is presently helping Government of Canada departments with their Digital Transformations.
Bilyana is passionate about leveraging location as the interoperability “glue" for Big Data and the Internet of Things (IoT). As an Enterprise Architect, she applied her passion on many initiatives, both here in Canada and internationally, including leading the GC’s Federal Geospatial Platform (FGP) and Open Maps initiative.
is a Vice-President and Investment Advisor at one of Canada’s largest full-service investment firms. A passionate observer and advocate of commercial space development, she is frequently invited as a speaker and panelist to offer her keen insights into emerging new space industries and their financing, and on space resource development.
CEO, Nano-Lit Technologies
Founder & CEO of Nano-Lit Technologies, the first company globally to manufacture and sell Quantum Dot lighting systems embedded with evidence based circadian rhythm lighting recipes. An industrial designer and entrepreneur, Sarah's background spans Fashion, Music, and a Masters Thesis in lighting and biomimicry. After lecturing on product design on the International Space Station at the University of Dundee (where Chris Hadfield was a guest speaker), she has maintained strong relationships within the Space industry and will soon be embarking on technology R&D as well as human Space health research.
Dr. Steven Muegge
is an Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship at the Sprott School of Business at Carleton University, and the Director of Carleton's Technology Innovation Management (TIM) program. He teaches, conducts research, and supervises graduate students within Carleton's TIM program, and fosters entrepreneurship and innovation within the broader community. His research features prominently throughout Canada’s National Capital Region, including the design of the award-winning Lead To Win ecosystem and in the business models of hundreds of technology entrepreneurs.